SENIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER/ASSOCIATE
A small, established, award winning & progressive Interior Design firm located in North Vancouver is seeking a F/T Senior Interior Designer/Associate. We specialize in multi-family projects & high end residential Interior Design. We are looking for someone who is motivated & driven to join our team & assist the principal in the day to day operations of the company.
Qualifications must include the following:
- Min 7 years Multi-Family/Residential Interior Design experience. Commercial or Hospitality experience an asset.
- Strong computer skills (Auto Cad, Windows XP & MS Office) a MUST.
- Experience managing multiple projects at one time.
- Display suite & sales office/presentation center design experience an asset.
- Able to produce a complete set of construction documents & specifications suitable for permit, tendering & construction purposes.
The ideal candidate must have a degree/diploma from an accredited design institution, have the ability to manage the office, projects and staff, be well organized, have excellent time management skills, be detail & multi-task oriented, hard-working, self-motivated, have good communication skills, work well under pressure, be confident in making decisions and be energetic & passionate about design.
DUTIES WOULD INCLUDE:
- Managing our projects on a daily basis and delegating to support staff. Daily liaisons with Principal of company.
- Produce furniture plans, reflected ceiling plans, millwork drawings, bathroom tile elevations, etc... using Auto Cad. *Must follow current Building Code standards/requirements.
- Design, document & prepare for tender, unit & common area colour schemes for development projects.
- Prepare “concept” sketches for Client presentation/review.
- Conduct job site visits to ensure that display suites, sales offices, common areas, etc., are being completed in accordance with the office’s schedules & specifications.
- Source & procure resource material/concept imaging (for display suites, common areas, specifications, private clients) on the Internet. Produce presentations using InDesign, Power Point and/or Photoshop.
- Select & purchase furniture, artwork & accessories for display suites, private clients etc...meeting the design budget & deadline.
- Ability to design & complete window treatment & bedding work orders (an asset, not mandatory)
- Document & follow through on sub-trade work orders & purchase orders, etc...(ie: millwork shop drawings, window treatment work orders, etc…)
- Undertake the creation of display suites – from start to finish- design concept, purchase orders, shopping, on-site merchandising & complete set-up.
- Attend Client presentations & meetings with Principal (as required).
- Private Client Consultations & follow-up of entire project.
Although many of the above responsibilities are planned for one person, these are shared with the other designers in the office as we work together as a collaborative “team”. Ideal candidate must be able to manage staff and be very effective with time management and team building.
Our team prides itself on excellent Client relationships, meeting our Client’s budget, deadlines and expectations, focus on customer service, attention to detail & quality of work.
Come join our dynamic team & make your mark in the design industry!
- We offer a salary commensurate with experience.
- Full Medical & Dental Benefit package included.
- Opportunity for future performance based profit sharing and partnership.
Please apply with cover letter and CV/portfolio via email
Job Type: Full-time
- North Vancouver, BC
- Interior Design: 7 years