Intermediate Interior Designer
We are looking for a passionate and creative Interior Designer to join our studio, who has an attention to detail. If you’re looking to collaborate and expand your experience in not just local but international design opportunities we would love to start conversation with you!. This role requires being a people person that can handle the craziness of the day to day. We are a studio filled with designers that work collaboratively on projects from the start to completion.
If you believe you are that person people should describe you as:
- A positive catalyst who always asks, ‘What can I do to improve this…what’s possible?’
- An organized project manager, confident coordinating with multiple teams and deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable, with demonstrated initiative and multitasking capabilities
- Creative, curious and collaborative
- Self-motivated, organised (maybe a bit of a neat freak?) and pro-active
And you’ll possess:
- 4+ years design and technical experience, including FF&E
- A degree in Interior Design (or equivalent)
- Registered Interior Designer with IDIBC or equivalent is desirable
- Experience working collaboratively with architects and external consultants
- Excellent presentation, graphic design, conceptual and digital visualisation skills
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Creative Suite, and Sketch-up
- Comprehensive space planning and spatial analysis skills
- Passion and enthusiasm for design and culture
- Good knowledge and understanding of colour, materials and products
Our collaborators are a group of hurdle jumpers and have the engagement of the client at our forefront. If you feel you can contribute to our studio– we'd love to join forces. Please send us one project you think best represents you with a copy of CV and a cover letter (if your feel confident) to email@example.com. Hope to hear from you soon.
Executive Assistant/ Office Manager
Calvert Design Studio is a firm based on the North Shore. The Calvert team has worked on several multi-residential and commercial spaces. We are currently seeking a person capable of handling the craziness of the day-to-day of a design firm.
We are looking for an individuals that must be/have:
- very organized
- have an interest in Interior Design
- multi-task oriented
- a quick thinker
- attention to detail
- able to work in a fast pace office environment
- work well with others
- self motivated
- experience in book keeping skills (sage)
- complete knowledge of Microsoft Office
- past office experience a must, an Administrative degree would be asset.
This position entails the following duties:
- manage the administrative tasks for the business
- writing proposal/contract writing
- project scheduling/forecasting
- preparing invoices- accounts receivable
- general office duties (answering phones, mailing, couriers, photocopies, scanning, e-mail, etc. . .)
- processing accounts payable
- visa reconciliation
- sales reports (reconciliation of project billings on excel)
- various letters & documents
- occasional assistance to the interior designers
- admin assistant to owner of CDS (Calvert Design Studio)
We offer a salary commensurate with experience.
Full Medical & Dental Benefit package included..
If you feel like this position is a great fit for you, we'd love to hear from you! Please send a cover letter along with your Resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org